Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Herb-Garlic-Pepper Coating
A nice beef tenderloin recipe to try !
* 1 (5 pound) whole beef tenderloin
* 6 tablespoons olive oil
* 8 large garlic cloves, minced
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
* 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
* 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon salt
1. Prepare beef tenderloin : Trim off excess fat with a sharp knife. Fold thin tip end under to approximate the thickness of the rest of the roast. Tie with butcher's twine, then keep tying the roast with twine every 11/2 to 2 inches (to help the roast keep its shape).
Snip silverskin with scissors to keep beef tenderloin roast from bowing during cooking. Then, mix oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, pepper and salt; rub over roast to coat. Set meat aside.
2. Either build a charcoal fire in half the grill or turn all gas burners on high for 10 minutes. Lubricate grate with an oil-soaked rag using tongs. Place beef tenderloin on hot rack and close lid; grill until well-seared, about 5 minutes. Turn beef tenderloin and close lid; grill until well-seared on second side, another 5 minutes.
3. Move beef tenderloin to the charcoal grill's cool side, or turn off burner directly underneath the meat and turn remaining one or two burners (depending on grill style) to medium. Cook until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest section registers 130 degrees for rosy pink, 45 to 60 minutes, depending on beef tenderloin size and grill. Let meat rest 15 minutes before carving. The beef tenderloin recipe with herb garlic pepper is ready...enjoy the feast !