Pan Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Ginger-Shiitake Brown Butter
An amazing beef tenderloin recipe to try !
BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE INGREDIENTS
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 4 (8 ounce) beef tenderloin filets
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
* 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
* 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
* 3 tablespoons sake
* 2 tablespoons mirin (sweetened rice wine)
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic chives
* 3/4 cup unsalted butter
BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat until lightly smoking. Season beef tenderloin filets to taste with salt and pepper.
Sear until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to oven, and cook to desired doneness, about 12 minutes for medium-rare. When done, allow beef tenderloin steaks to rest out of the pan for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in ginger and garlic, and cook until translucent and aromatic, but not browned, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add shiitake mushrooms and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until softened. Pour in the sake and mirin and simmer until reduced by half. Melt the remaining 3/4 cup butter, then reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the butter browns, 6 to 8 minutes. Once browned, season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in the chives. Spoon sauce over steaks to the beef tenderloin recipe pan roasted is ready to serve....great ! Enjoy the party !