Bavarian Beef Tenderloin Recipe
Beef Tenderloin Recipe Ingredients
* 1-3/4 pound sirloin steak cut into strips
* 3 tablespoons melted butter
* 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
* 1/2 cup white wine
* 3/4 cup diced bell pepper
* 1 medium white onion diced
* 1-1/2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
* 4 ounces sliced pimentos
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
* 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Beef Tenderloin Recipe Instructions
1. Cook sirloin in 2 tablespoons butter for 5 minutes then pour drippings in measuring cup.
2. Skim 2 tablespoons of the drippings on top and place in a saucepan.
3. Add flour and blend well then cook stirring over low heat until bubbly about 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat then add water to drippings in measuring cup to make 1 cup.
5. Add to flour mixture and blend well then cook over medium heat stirring often for 5 minutes.
6. Stir in wine and set aside.
7. In same skillet cook peppers, onion, mushrooms and remaining butter for 5 minutes.
8. Add beef gravy, pimentos, salt, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire.
9. Bring to boil and simmer 30 minutes.